[It is always the general rule of thumb not to solely take the author’s word throughout these studies, but to pray and seek the face of Yahuah for one’s self, and let the Spirit lead you into all truth (John 16:13-15).]
Reasoning Behind the Numerical Ordering
The numbering of these psalms of course should not be accounted as per se “official”. Following suit with the commonly known apocryphal Psalms 151-160; these psalms also plucked from the Dead Sea Scrolls, have different numbering depending on the original source you refer to (e.g. Psalms 151-155 being canonized in the Syriac, are not necessarily numbered as the same psalms when referring to the commonly accepted collective of Psalms 151-160). For the sake of simple clarity, continuing on in the Psalm 161 chronological general collective seems to be the only obvious step to move forward in, in an all-sincere attempt to rightfully divide, preserve, and freely share what is obviously Yahuah’s Inspired written Word.
Originally Recovered from the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hymns of Thanksgiving (1QHa, 1Q35, 4Q427-432):
This translation has been derived from:
Hymn 2: “Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English”
Hymn 3: “A New Translation”
Hymn 3: “The Qumran Psalter”
- Blessed are You, O Yahuah, Elohiym of mercies,
because of the spirits which You have put subject under me!
- I will bring forth a reply of the tongue
to recount Your righteous deeds,
and forbearance of Your lovingkindness;
- In the power of Your might,
and the deeds of Your strong right hand,
You forgive the sins of my forefathers.
- I will prostrate myself and beseech Your mercy
on my sins and wicked deeds,
and on the perversity of my heart;
- For I have wallowed in uncleanness,
from the secret of nakedness in from which I was created;
turning aside from the counsel of Your truth,
- But I did not grow weary,
and I have not labored […]
- Blessed are You, Yahuah, for righteousness is Yours,
and praise belongs to Your name,
from which the everlasting blessing rests upon!
- According to Your righteousness
let Your servant be ransomed for redemption
and the wicked be consumed to an end.
- For I have understood that it is You
who establishes the way
of the one whom You have chosen,
- And through the insight of Your truth,
You do hedge him in with firm discernment,
that he may not sin against You;
- And that through his humility he may bear fruit,
by the hand of Your chastisement.
For You do purify his heart in Your trials!
- Preserve Your servant, O Yahuah, lest he sin against You,
and become an obstacle to the Word of Your will.
- Strengthen the loins of Your servant,
that he may resist the spirits of falsehood,
- That he may walk in all that You love,
and despise all that You hate;
that he may do what is upright in Your eyes.
- Destroy their dominion in my bowels,
for within Your servant is a fleshly spirit.